If you would like to visit, have an Adult Group or School Classroom or Pre School that would like to visit the food forest and receive a tour?
We can have Trustees/Trainers show you around and inform you about various subjects:
- How the Food Forest came to be,
- Sustainable food production,
- Resilience building – planting a food forest guild at home – cost and time saving benefits
- Permaculture design, guilds in layers
- How plants grow,
- Planting trees and plants practical lesson
- Mulching, why we do it and what are the benefits
- Benefits of trees, they filter water, they take out of the air carbon dioxide, they change colour during the seasons, they change the climate, some sequester nitrogen so as surrounding plants can grow better, they are self fertile, they create complex sugars that feed plants, they provide shade, they attract birdlife…and they provide fruit…for years and years..
- waste reduction,
- worm farms,
- Edible weeds, can we eat this???
- water conservation,
- food forest design,
- Rongoa (traditional medicinal plants/trees)
- mushrooms what are safe to eat,
- the no spray garden, no fertilisers, no weed killers, no pesticides..
- history of Kaiapoi and Kai in Kaiapoi – pre and post arrival of European settlers
All you have to do is, click on the date you would like to book, then fill in your contact details, group name, numbers and time you would like to visit
Thank you for your booking, we look forward to showing you around our food forest.
The Trust is made up of Volunteers, if you or your group can afford a Koha it would be appreciated to fund projects and cover costs.
The Kaiapoi Food Forest Trust ANZ bank account number is 01-0853-0126828-00